The Office of Management & Budget recently released the Federal Cybersecurity Strategy and Implementation Plan (“CSIP”).
This is result of actions begun earlier this year with a comprehensive review of the Federal Government’s cybersecurity policies, procedures, and practices by a multi-agency group known as the Sprint Team. The goal was to identify and address critical cybersecurity gaps and emerging priorities, and make specific recommendations to address those gaps and priorities. The CSIP will strengthen Federal civilian cybersecurity through the following five objectives:
- Prioritized Identification and Protection of high value information and assets;
- Timely Detection of and Rapid Response to cyber incidents;
- Rapid Recovery from incidents when they occur and Accelerated Adoption of lessons learned from the Sprint assessment;
- Recruitment and Retention of the most highly-qualified Cybersecurity Workforce talent the Federal Government can bring to bear; and
- Efficient and Effective Acquisition and Deployment of Existing and Emerging Technology.